Do you have your Class A CDL but need experience to get into a tractor trailer?
Give us 6 months + 1 week and we'll get you there!
We are Tempus Transport
We're a leading fleet owner whose expedite drivers perform at the top of the industry. As a team straight truck driver with us, you will go over the road and learn the ropes of the expedite business. You'll also gain the experience you need to move into a tractor, increasing your earning potential and opening up new opportunities for you.
Start in a straight truck:
- Earn a flat rate per mile on all dispatched miles (up to 50 CPM with endorsements)
- Be supported by our dedicated driver liaisons who know you by name and have your back on the road
- Enjoy a generous home-time policy
- Ask about eligibility for tuition reimbursement if we're your first job out of school
You should be:
- Able to be out on the road for several weeks at a time (no regional/local routes)
- Hold a valid Class A or Class B CDL (Class B drivers will need Class A before moving to tractor)
- Ready to work hard and pursue growth opportunities
After six months, move into a tractor:
- Complete a one-week refresher course after gaining 6 months of experience in the straight truck.
- Write your own job description. Looking for local runs? Dedicated routes? Don't want to go to certain parts of the country? Team or solo? You decide how to build your position.
- Receive a rate-per-mile increase and become eligible for health benefits (benefit eligibility is available to residents of Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia)